For the cake :
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 8 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Beat butter till soft & fluffy.
- Add 1 cup sugar, egg yolk, essence & beat well.
- Beat egg whites with 1/2 cup sugar till fluffy & add to the above mix.
- Take a pan & heat milk & cocoa powder.
- Cool it and
then add to the final mix.
- Add flour little by little & beat thoroughly.
- Transfer the contents in a greased cake pan & bake for 350 degrees F for 25-50 min.
- Insert a tooth pick or any tester. If it comes out clean, you can take out the cake form the oven & allow it to cool.
For Chocolate icing :
- 1 cup Icing sugar
- 1/3 cup Cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- Sieve icing sugar.
- Take a pan & melt butter. Add cocoa powder & stir in a low flame.
- Add icing sugar & milk alternatively until you get a slightly thick solution.
Spread the chocolate icing on the cooled cake with a butter knife. Decorate with nuts or berries.