Salsa is the Spanish term for 'sauce'. It is mostly used in Mexican cuisines and is served with chips, tacos, burritos, enchiladas etc
- 14.5 oz (411gms) diced tomatoes in tomato juice
- 3 tbsp Tomato paste
- 2 small Jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped Onions
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 3 tbsp Vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped Cilantro
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt as required
- Mix tomato paste in 1/2 cup water to obtain a tomato puree.
- Take a pan, saute onions slightly to loose its raw taste.
- Take a mixing bowl and add diced tomatoes, tomato puree(1). Mix well
- Stir in jalapeno peppers, sauteed onion, vinegar, salt and garlic powder.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours to blend flavours and use when desired.
Note: Stir Salsa into mashed Avocado for a quick Guacamole :)