Banana is coated with cinnamon flavoured flour and coconut batter, then it is deep fried in vegetable oil. I got inspired to try out this combo when I once had a similar dessert from a Thai restaurant :) The combination of coconut ice-cream scoops and fried bananas gives this dessert a very unique taste!
Total Time......15 min (Prep - 5 min, Cook- 10 min)
Yield...............5 to 6 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour(Maida)
- 1 cup unsweetened Coconut flakes
- 4 large size ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- A pinch of salt
- Vegetable oil
- Hershey's chocolate syrup
- Coconut ice-cream
- Take a bowl and beat egg thoroughly. Add flour, coconut flakes, cinnamon powder, sugar, water and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a shallow pan. Then slice bananas and coat with the batter.
- When oil is hot, fry the bananas till golden brown colour & place on a paper towel so that the excess oil is absorbed.
- Serve with coconut ice-cream and Hershey's syrup!