December is my most favourite month of the year. December is always filled with decorations, gifts, cakes, chocolates & my mom's special preparations mainly because of....Christmas, my parent's wedding anniversary, ending of another year and my birthday too :) So to start of with the lovely month i made cake pops. This was my first trial. When i thought of making i had no lollipop sticks in stock but i couldn't resist giving a trial, so i used normal straws. When you have a plan for making this get lollipop sticks in advance coz straws are not firm enough to hold the cake. Hope you'll love this. Gotta try more varieties in cake pops coz i absolutely enjoyed making it. More Christmas delicacies are yet to appear in my blog. Will be up with the next one soon !!
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Essence
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp Coffee powder
- 1 Egg
- 3 tbsp Chocolate frosting
- Lollipop sticks
- Chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Divide the milk into two portion & dissolve coffee powder & cocoa powder separately.
- Whisk egg and vanilla essence.
- Add butter and sugar. Beat thoroughly.
- Pour in the coffee solution & the cocoa solution.
- Sift flour & baking powder together and add to the above mix little by little.
- Mix everything thoroughly & pour the batter into a greased pan.
- Bake for 25- 30 min.
- After the cake cools, powder it in a food processor and keep aside.
Ingredients for chocolate frosting
- 3 1/4 cups confectioners Sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Beat all the ingredients in an electric mixer till smooth.
- Take a bowl & combine the powdered cake with the 3 tbsp or more chocolate frosting for making small balls and keep aside.
- Dip the tip of the lollipop sticks in frosting and pierce into the cake balls.
- Now its time for fun!! Dip the cake pop in the remaining frosting & decorate with sprinklers.
- Place the pops on a cake pop stand or you can use thermocol to allow it to dry.
- Then you can pack in a plastic wrap, tie up with a cute ribbon & serve your guests :)
Sharing this recipe with: