Dec 13, 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes !!


I was very much excited to decorate with my new cake decorating set! Thought of using it first for frosting red velvet cupcakes for my birthday. This was so easy to make & it was a different cupcake recipe with sour cream. In some recipes butter milk is substituted for sour cream.  I had fun frosting the cupcakes and the decorating set was also a cool one!  I used the green & red combo to give it a festive touch :) So this is an X'mas special cake too !!! Here goes the recipe :) :)


Ingredients
  • 2 cups All-purpose flour (Maida) 
  • 1 3/4 cup Granulated sugar 
  • 1/2 cup Cocoa powder 
  • 1 tsp Baking Powder 
  • 1 tsp Baking Soda 
  • 2 cups Sour cream 
  • 8 tbsp Butter 
  • 1/2 cup Milk 
  • 2 tbsp Red Food colour 
  • 2 tsp Vanilla essence 
  • 1/2 tsp Salt 
  • 2 Eggs
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange 24 paper cups in a cupcake baking tray.
  2. Beat egg, butter, sugar & salt in an electric mixer.
  3. Add milk, sour cream, vanilla essence, red food colour & beat again.
  4. Now beat in sieved ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking powder & baking soda).
  5. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly & pour the batter to make the paper cups 3/4th full.
  6. Bake for 25 to 30 min. Allow it to cool completely.
  7. Prepare the below mentioned icing recipe & start frosting the cake.

Butter-cream Icing
  • 2 cups Powdered Sugar 
  • 4 tbsp Vegetable shortening 
  • 5 tbsp Butter 
  • 4 tbsp Milk 
  • 2 tsp Vanilla essence 
  •  Food colours
Directions
  1. Take an electric mixer & cream the butter, shortening & vanilla essence.
  2. Add sugar, milk & beat thoroughly.
  3. Transfer in separate bowls & mix with different colours and start decorating your lovely cupcakes !



All set for my Birthday celebration :) :)
 


Sharing this recipe with:

22 comments:

Christy Gerald said...

Hi Teena,Many more Blessed Happy Returns of the Day Dear. Red Velvet Cupcakes Luks perfectly delish and mouthwatering.Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.

Julie said...

Delicious n yummy..perfect icing dear..I too have a red velvet in my draft,will post soon!!

Amila said...

wow!!they looks so delicious & beautiful....Many more Happy Returns with Good Luck!!!(May be I am late to wish...)
Glad to see your decorating set...
Thanks a lot for linking with Decorating Challenge-Buttercream Icing

Ganga Sreekanth said...

Wonderful Teena.........I'm just falling for this now.....

Aarthi said...

awesome cupcakes

Aparna Rajkrishnan said...

Hey teenzz it too gud.. Good work dear.. :) Hope u doin gud.. Happy B'day :)

Sobha Shyam said...

they look so cute and yummy..nice presentation..following u..do drop at my space too :)

Shoutforfood said...

Oh my goodness, I'm drooling! This looks so delicious! Can't wait to try it!

faseela said...

B'lated happy B'thday wishes.........supoer cakes n u presented it well............teena u rock........

Shaheen said...

Belated Birthday Wishes.

I love how you decorated your cakes. I have yet to master icing.

Carol Pereira said...

Teena....cake deco looks great and christmassy.....never tried these cakes before must bookmark......thanks for sharing dear!

Vikis Kitchen said...

Belated birthday wishes dear. Beautiful cup cakes.....colors give a Christmas look too.
You have a yummy blog and I enjoy going thro' the recipes. Home made noodles surprises me and a big wow to doughnuts and others:) Glad to follow u.

Teena said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments & words of appreciation. Thanks for the b'day wishes too :) :) This was my first b'day after i started my blog so it was really special! Loving my days with my sweet blogger friends like you all !!! Happy Cooking all of you :) Eagerly waiting to see more of your creations too !!

Anonymous said...

Well, first off....Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day! I'm guessing you will with those delicious red velvet cupcakes! Congratulations on getting your new decorating set and it looks like you've put it to good use already!

Vardhini said...

Wow .. love the decorations and the cup cakes look divine. Thx for linking to the event.

Vardhini
Event: Sinful Delights
Event: Stuffed Paratha

Faseela said...

Dear Please grab the award which is waiting for you at my space..........here goes the link
http://faseelanoushad.blogspot.com/2011/12/awards.html

Kokila said...

Cup cakes are really great.Decorations and color combination are perfect match.Delicious and yummy.Thanks for posting.

Balvinder said...

Happy belated birthday. The cup cakes look really good. I love icing but I did not get the opportunity to do it. I have also done the wilton icing course. I will come back for the award later.

Inessa said...

They look soooo cute. LOVE it.

Pari Vasisht said...

Belated wishes dear and thanks so much for sending it to 'Only' series. I'm also glad to follow your space.


FOODELICIOUS

EVENT FOR DECEMBER & GIVEAWAY, ‘ONLY’- COOKIES & CAKES

Kavi said...

thanks so much for linking this lip smacking cake to Jingle All The Way. Looks lovely! The decorations are cute :)
-
Kavi (Edible Entertainment)

Square Meals said...

Hi Teena,

You have a lovely space here.

Aparna from Square Meals

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...