Chicken Tikka Masala is one of the most popular dishes in Indian cuisine. A really delicious dish which goes perfect with Naan/Chapati. My friends in Washington love this a lot. Whenever we go to an Indian restaurant, this is a dish they can't avoid ordering. So thought of uploading this recipe for them & for my blogger friends so that you all can give it a try at home when there is a craving for chicken tikka masala ! You have to prepare Chicken Tikka as in my earlier recipe and then prepare the gravy as explained below. Hope you'll enjoy preparing & enjoy eating as well :) I'll be up with few Naan recipes soon !!
Check Chikken Tikka recipe here (Prepare without Bell pepper(Capsicum))
Ingredients for the masala
- 3/4 cup finely diced Onion
- 1 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves) powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chilly powder
- 1/2 cup Tomato puree
- 3 tbsp Cashew paste
- 4 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup chopped Cilantro leaves
- Salt as required
- Saute the onion in butter till golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, cashew paste, chilly powder garam masala, corriander powder, kasuri methi, powdered cumin seeds & stir for sometime.
- Add tomato puree, lemon juice, salt & bring to boil.
- Reduce flame and stir in heavy cream.
- Add the chicken tikka pieces into it, cook for 5 more min
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with Naan, chapati or fried rice.