Chicken Tikka means small pieces of chicken marinated in yogurt, spices and then baked in tandoor or in oven.
Ingredients for the marinade
- 1/2 cup Yogurt (Curd)
- 2 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves(optional)
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 3/4 tsp Chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 15 to 20 boneless Chicken pieces
- 1 Green/Red Bell pepper(Capsicum)
- 1 Onion
- Marinate the chicken pieces in lime juice, salt and ginger-garlic paste. Keep aside for 20 min.
- Mix yogurt, chilly powder, garam masala, turmeric powder and oil. Add the above marinated chicken pieces. Mix well & keep aside for 5 to 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Soak skewers for 15 min.
- Arrange chicken pieces and bell peppers on skewers. Keep on a baking pan with foil on top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Turn the skewers and bake for another 25 to 30 minutes.