It was my hubby's birthday this week and i was confused what kind of dessert to prepare for him. I wanted something not too sweet and something which looks lovely. While shopping, a mixed fruit box caught my eye & suddenly thought of preparing him a birthday special Fruit Salad. The custard recipe is similar to my Vanilla custard recipe. It was really yummy & he enjoyed too. I'm sure you'll also love it. Try it out !!
- 2 tbsp Corn flour (Cornstarch)
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup or less Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla essence
- Sliced fruits
- Whisk egg in a bowl. Add sugar and vanilla essence. Beat well and keep aside.
- Mix cornflour and 5 tbsp milk separately and keep aside.
- Take a container, melt butter on medium heat, add milk and stir.
- Transfer little hot milk from the container into the egg mixture. Stir & then pour the egg mixture into the boiling milk. Keep on stirring
till you obtain a thick mix.
- Allow it to cool and sieve the custard to avoid small lumps.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours and mix with your favourite fruits. I have used strawberry, kiwi, pineapple, banana and grapes.