The taste of home made noodles is really different when compared to the shop bought ones. It was really exciting to prepare wheat noodles for the first time. Usually maida is used but for more healthier noodles wheat flour is the best. Friends, try this out…its so simple & delicious. Yipeee…No need to shop for noodles anymore :)
Ingredients for the noodles
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- 1/2 cup warm Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- All purpose flour/Maida for dusting
- Prepare dough with wheat flour, water & salt.
- Make sure that the dough should not be too soft but hard enough so that u can flatten it.
- Roll out the dough wth rolling pin in round shape & with the least thickness(like chapati). Dust with maida on both sides.
- Fold in the flattened dough from one end & keep on dusting maida in each fold so that it wont stick together.
- Very thinly slice and then separate using your fingers carefully so that finally you'll get the shape of noodles.
- Boil water with little salt and cook the noodles for 15 to 20 min. Allow it to drain.
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced Onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced Carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced Cabbage
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced Capsicum
- 1 tbsp Soya sauce
- 2 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper flakes
- Olive oil
- Heat oil & sauté onion.
- Add capsicum, carrot & sauté for 5 min.
- Stir in the sauces, black pepper & salt
- Add the drained noodles and sauté carefully so that the noodles wont break.
- Take off from heat & mix in 2 tbsp olive oil. Serve hot with ketchup.
***Sharing this recipe with Healthy Cooking Challenge - Lunch hosted by Kavi @ Edible Entertainment.
Really honored to receive awards from Julie @ Erivum Puliyum. She has a wonderful space with really delicious & creative recipes. She is a sincere & hardworking person in terms of cooking. Do visit her blog & leave your valuable comments. Thanking Julie for the following awards !
I would like to pass it to my following blogger buddies:
Anzz @ Anzz Cafe
Cay @ Tickle My Senses
Faseela @ Good Food Ends With Good Talk
Ganga @ My Favourite Foods
Nalini @ Nalini's Kitchen
Prabha @ Cookwell
Sanhita @ Taste Buds
Sheema @ Life Scoops