For chocolate cake:
- 2 cups All purpose flour(Maida)
- 1/2 cup Cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Hot water
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Vegetable shortening
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 lb Powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 tbsp Milk
- Nutella hazelnut spread
- Cooking Spray
For preparing chocolate cake
- Sieve flour, baking powder & baking soda together. Keep aside.
- Whisk eggs. Add butter & sugar. Mix thoroughly.
- Make a solution of cocoa powder with hot water
- Add the dry ingredients(1) & the cocoa solution (3) alternatively and mix thoroughly.
- Add vanilla essence, milk, salt & vegetable oil. Mix thoroughly
- Grease two 9 inch cake pans or one 13 X 9 inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- Pour mix and bake for 350 degrees for 35 - 40min.
For preparing the frosting
- Mix butter & vegetable shortening in an electric mixer.
- Add the remaining ingredients & cream till smooth & fluffy.
- Apply on cake using a cake spatula.
- Decorate with Nutella hazelnut spread.
Tips for frosting double layer cake
- Cool the cake completely & brush off the loose crumbs.
- Place one layer (top side down) on a cake stand.
- Spread frosting on top.
- Place second layer (top upside up) on the first layer.
- Spread frosting on top & sides of the cake.
- Decorate as desired.