|Fresh Dates cooked in Indian spices and vinegar.|
Yield..............32 oz bottle
- 3 cups pitted fresh Dates
- 3 green Chillies
- 2 tsp chopped Ginger
- 3 tsp chopped Garlic
- 1 tsp black Pepper powder
- 2 1/2 tsp Chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek powder
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida powder
- 2 strands Curry Leaves
- 1/4 cup distilled white Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Oil
- Salt as required
- Heat oil in a shallow pan. Add chopped green chilly, ginger and curry leaves. Saute for 1 min.
- Then add garlic, chilly powder, pepper, asafoetida and fenugreek. Saute for sometime. (Make sure it doesn't get burned)
- Mix in dates, vinegar and salt. Cover with a lid and cook for 2-3 min.
- Combine well and allow it to cool. Then refrigerate in an airtight glass container. It goes well with ghee rice, tomato rice, biryani etc.