For the past few days I've been thinking about a unique recipe with cilantro as the main ingredient. I got this idea from my mom who used to make the veggie version of this sandwich with just the cilantro, grated coconut, butter & cumin. I tried adding chicken, onion, tomato and it came out great! This is not like the taste of the usual sandwiches. Something really different & the only way to experience the taste is to try it out yourself :) I'm sure you are gonna love it. Enjoy a scrumptious breakfast :)
- A bunch of Cilantro leaves
- 6 Whole wheat Bread slices
- 1/2 cup Peanuts
- 1/4 cup grated Coconut
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup cooked Chicken pieces
- 1 Tomato
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Onion
- 1 Green chilly
- Salt as required
- In a food processor, make a paste of cilantro leaves, peanuts, butter, green chilly, grated coconut and cumin powder.
- Take the above paste & mix with chicken pieces, onion, tomato and salt.
- Cut off the edges of the bread slices & spread ketchup on one side of each bread.
- Fill it with the chicken mix(2) and enjoy it with potato chips.
Sharing this recipe with EP Series: Herbs & Spices event hosted by Julie @ Erivum Puliyum
Blender used for this recipe: