Spring rolls are a common type of appetizer/snack filled with meat, veggies etc. Of all the different names, the one which is more familiar to me is Lumpia. It is the name for spring rolls in the Philippines and Indonesia. Today I've prepared a veggie roll with a homemade wrap & a hot sauce dip. This sauce is not a traditional recipe but a normal tomato sauce with some extra spice in it. Do try this as an appetizer or as a tea time snack. Hope you all are enjoying the spring time & eagerly waiting to welcome the most awaited Summer time!....Have Fun!!!
Ingredients for the filling
- 1 cup thinly sliced vegetables (Carrot, Cabbage, Celery)
- 1/4 cup Onion
- 2 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a frying pan, pour oil and saute onion and garlic.
- Add vegetables, salt, pepper & saute for few minutes.
- Set aside and now prepare the wrapper.
- 1 cup All-purpose flour(Maida)
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup or more Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- In a bowl beat egg well & add flour, water & salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Heat a pan, spread little oil & pour the batter to make a thin wrapper.
- Cook till the crepe pulls away from the pan.
- Fill it with the prepared veg filling, roll carefully and then deep fry in oil till golden brown.
- Prepare the sauce as mentioned below.
Ingredients for the Hot sauce
- 1/2 cup Tomato sauce
- 4 to 5 Red chillies
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
Blend everything together with little water and dip the rolls to enjoy the hot taste!