I am sure everyone would be enjoying the warm Springtime now! Hence i thought of making colourful cake bites. This is a normal coconut cake recipe and the different colours of the decoration makes it more perfect for the season :) Few weeks back I had a great time experiencing the beauty of Springtime flowers at Tulip town. The Skagit Valley Tulip Festival is one of the destination events for the Pacific Northwest, held each year from April 1st- April 30th. During this time, thousands of people come to enjoy the celebration of spring as millions of tulips burst into bloom! The view was simply amazing!! I have shared a photo collage below. Hope you'll like it. And now onto the recipe:
Ingredients for the Cake
- 1 1/4cup All purpose flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup sweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Fry coconut flakes slightly & keep aside.
- Into a bowl whisk flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract and coconut milk. Mix well.
- Add the mixed dry ingredients, fried coconut flakes and combine thoroughly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 min.
- Cool the cake and cut into round shapes using cookie cutter & apply frosting as explained below.
- 2 tbsp unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- Beat cream cheese and butter together until light and smooth.
- Add the confectioners sugar and honey slowly until thoroughly incorporated.
- Spread on the cake bites & decorate with coloured coconut flakes.
- Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- Food colours
Here is a glimpse of the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival :)