A quesadilla is made with tortilla filled mainly with cheese and other ingredients such as cooked meat, vegetables etc. This dish originated in Mexico, and the name is derived from the Spanish word queso(cheese). The filled tortilla is then toasted until the cheese melts and then sliced. The main ingredients in my recipe is tuna and blackbean and is served with Pico de Gallo/Salsa/Guacamole/sour cream.
Ingredients for quesadilla
- 6 Flour Tortillas
- 9oz canned Tuna
- 1/2 cup Black bean
- 1/4 cup chopped Onion
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped Cilantro
- Salt as required
- Mix carefully all the ingredients except tortilla.
- Take one tortilla and spread the mix. Place the other tortilla on top.
- Grease a pan and add the quesadillas, one at a time and cook until lightly browned.
- Turn and cook until cheese has melted.
- Take off from the pan, cut into slices and serve.