Beef and vegetables cooked in aromatic spices, creamy coconut milk and served with Palappam (laced rice pancakes).
Total Time....25 min (Prep - 5 min, Cook- 20 min)
Yield..............3 to 4 servings
- 1 cup cubed Beef
- 1 cup thinly sliced Onion
- 1 cup cubed Potato
- 1/2 cup cubed Carrot
- 1/2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 Green chillies
- 1 Tomato
- 1/2 tsp Cloves powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 4 Cardamoms
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- Salt as required
- Oil as required
- Curry leaves (optional)
- Cook the beef in a pressure cooker with 1/4 tsp pepper and salt.
- Take a pan & pour oil. When oil is hot, saute curry leaves, green chillies and crushed cardamoms. Add onion, ginger garlic paste & saute for few min.
- Mix cooked beef, potato, carrot, cloves and cinnamon. Saute.
- Then add 3/4 cup water, pepper, salt and close the lid. Cook for 10 min in medium flame.
- Add chopped tomato and cook. Then reduce the heat, add coconut milk and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Serve this tasty dish with crispy laced Palappam for breakfast!
- Palappam mix is available in Indian stores. Usually special 'appam pan' is used for making the laced appam but it can also be made like pancakes too. You can prepare perfectly by following the package instructions carefully. The main ingredients needed other than the palappam mix are coconut milk, yeast and sugar.
- Beef can be replaced by chicken for making Chicken Stew :)