Flattened dough sprinkled with sugar-cinnamon mix, then rolled, cut into individual pieces, baked and lightly glazed to form an aromatic cinnamon swirl! This sweet delight is served mainly in North America and Northern Europe.
Total Time......3 hrs 20 min (Prep - 15 min, Bake-25 min, Inactive-2 hrs 40 min)
Yield...............8 big rolls
Ingredients for the dough
- 2 1/2 cups All purpose flour(Maida)
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 3 tbsp Butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 tbsp Active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup Warm water
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Mix yeast in warm water. Keep aside for 10 min.
- Take a bowl & whisk egg and sugar.
- Then add butter, sour cream and vanilla extract. Beat thoroughly.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, salt and yeast solution.
- Knead well, cover the bowl with a plastic wrap. Keep aside in a warm place for 1 hour.
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon powder in a separate bowl.
- Flatten the dough into a 15 X 11 inch rectangular shape. Brush melted butter and sprinkle the 'sugar & cinnamon' mix.
- Start rolling from the 15 inch side & cut into 1 1/2 inch thick rolls.
- Grease a baking tray with butter and arrange the rolls with enough space in between.
- Cover & keep aside for 30 min. Then bake for 25 to 30 min.
Ingredients for the glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Mix all the 3 ingredients together.
- Take out the baking tray when the rolls are done & pour the liquid on top.
- Allow it to cool for sometime & then serve.