Waffles are prepared in most of the countries but it is more famous in Belgium & America. For those who don't know what a Waffle is, it is a batter cooked in a waffle iron (patterned cooking appliance). The common toppings are ice cream, whipped cream, fruits, honey, syrups etc. There are different variety of recipes & patterns also. Recently i was lucky enough to win a Heart shaped Waffle Maker as part of St. Valentines Day Giveaway by Coupon Loving Chicks. Those who entered the giveaway was asked to share about what Love meant for them. Here is the simple description that i gave: ''Love is a truly special feeling & an everlasting bond which means: L–Listen to Each Other, O–Open your Heart, V–Value your relation and E–Express your feeling. No person in this world can live without love and that special feeling is God’s greatest gift for us :)''. Finally they chose me as the winner..Yaay....I was so excited to make the heart waffle as soon as i received it & i'm sharing my first delicious breakfast recipe with you all!!!
- 1 cup Flour
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup chopped Apples
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Take a bowl & combine flour, sugar, cinnamon powder, baking powder and salt.
- Add egg yolk, butter and milk. Mix thoroughly.
- Beat egg whites separately till fluffy & add to the above mix.
- Mix in the chopped apples.
- Pour batter on the hot waffle iron and bake for 5 min or until golden brown.
- Serve with syrup and fresh apples.
This is the appliance i used: