This is one among the popular snacks in Kerala. I never knew about this recipe until i heard from Chaithanya, my close friend & a wonderful cook! This recipe is her method of preparation and I just fell in love with this appetizer in my first trial itself. The best part of this snack is the stuffing inside the dates. The seed is carefully taken out & stuffed with cashew nut pieces which gives it quite a different & yummy taste!!!! Hope you guys will also enjoy this tea time snack. Do try it out & let me know how much you enjoyed :) :)
- 1 cup Dates
- 1 cup All-purpose flour (Maida)
- 4 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup Cashew nuts
- 1 cup sweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/4 cup or more Water
- Vegetable oil for frying
- A pinch of salt
- Make a thick batter with flour, coconut flakes, sugar, salt & water.
- Chop the cashew nuts & mix with cardamom powder.
- Take out the seeds from all the dates carefully through one end & stuff with the cardamom coated cashew nuts.
- Heat oil and coat the stuffed dates in the prepared batter.
- Fry till golden brown and place in a paper towel so that excess oil will be absorbed. Eat hot & crispy!!!!!!
***Sharing this recipe with:
- 'Only'-South Indian event hosted by Pari @ Foodelicious.
- Colour N Sweet-HOLI FEST event hosted by Preeti @ Preeti's Kitchen.
- Fruit Fiesta event hosted by Ramya @ Ramya's Recipes.
- Snack Recipes hosted by My Culinary Creations.