Tilapia pieces and green peas, cooked in a thick and spicy coconut gravy! It goes perfect with rice, paratha, roti etc.
- 3 Tilapia fish fillets
- 1 cup sliced Onion
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- 1 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 3 tbsp Tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt as required
- Clean the fish in water and lime juice(to reduce the smell) and marinate for 10 min with little red chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Take a pan, pour oil & saute onion till golden brown.
- Make a paste of 1/2 cup cooled sauteed onion and add back to the pan with ginger-garlic paste, garam masala, coriander powder, remaining red chilly powder & fry for sometime.
- Now add the peas and tomato sauce to it. Stir for some time.
- Then add coconut milk and 1/4 cup water, mix it well and allow it to boil.
- When it will starts boiling, add the marinated fish and cook with the lid closed for 3 min.
- Then open the lid & cook so that the fish is cooked perfectly and a thick gravy will be formed. Serve hot!