Pineapple flavoured cupcakes with pineapple curd filling and cream cheese frosting!
Total Time......44 min (Prep - 20 min, Bake- 24 min)
Ingredients for the pineapple curd
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Pineapple juice(**strained)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp Corn starch
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- Beat egg yolks, sugar and butter thoroughly.
- Mix in pineapple juice, cornstarch and lime juice.
- Take a shallow pan & transfer the contents. Place on a medium flame & keep stirring till you obtain a slightly thick consistency. Turn off the flame and allow it to cool.
- 2 cups All-purpose flour(Maida)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Pineapple extract
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Cupcake liners
- Cupcake baking tray
- Pineapple slices for decoration
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F(176.67 degrees C).
- Take a bowl and whisk eggs, butter and sugar thoroughly.
- Mix in flour, baking powder and salt. Combine well by adding milk in between.
- Add pineapple extract and mix everything thoroughly.
- Take cupcake tray and place the liners. Pour batter in each liners till 3/4th full.
- Bake for 22 to 24 min. Insert a tooth pick or a skewer. If it comes out clean, your cake is ready! Allow it to cool and then frost.
Ingredients for the cream cheese frosting
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 3 to 4 cups confectioners(powdered) Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Combine cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract in an electric mixer. Add powdered sugar & beat thoroughly.
- Take the cooled cupcake. Scoop out the middle portion (3/4th deep) with a pointed knife and fill with pineapple curd. Place the top of the scooped portion back, to seal it.
- Start frosting the cake and decorate it with pineapple slices.