I still can't believe that 1 year is over after I started blogging (Sep 15, 2011)! It was a thrilling experience to be in the Bloggers World :) I want to thank my family and friends for all the encouragement they have given me. I am really grateful to all my 223 blogger friends for their immense support through their lovely comments, awards and event participation!! Hubby was the one who gave me the confidence to start my own blog & criticized my cooking experiments :) My brother, sister & best friend were the ones who criticized in my food photographs, giving me the best suggestions and support to move forward with more perfection. And last but not the least I thank all my 926 Facebook fans for their support too :) Thanks a million to each and every one of you and I'm hoping that you all will keep on encouraging me :) Given below are some of the major happenings:
- My first posts: Strawberry Smoothie and Sausage-Chicken Pizza
- Most viewed recipes: Fruit Custard and Chicken Tikka Masala
- Recipes with max. no. of comments: Carrot Cupcakes and Raspberry Jam Tarts
- First 2 blogger friends: Faseela and Julie
- First 2 awards by: Amy
- First event: Valentine's Day Event
As part of my Blogoversary celebration, I made a special cupcake that I got inspired to make when I once had from ''Cupcake Royal'' :) It was so so YUM!! Eventhough I couldn't beat them, I've tried to make something similar ;) Hope you all will love this!!
Total Time....1 hr (Prep - 10 min, Cook- 35 min, Inactive-15 min)
Yield..............5 to 6 cupcakes
Ingredients for the Chocolate Cupcake
- 1 3/4 cup All purpose flour(Maida)
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven at degrees 350 degrees F(175 degrees C).
- Sieve flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Take a large bowl and mix butter and sugar thoroughly. Then add eggs and whisk.
- Make a solution of cocoa powder and milk. Mix in this solution and flour alternatively.
- Add vanilla essence, oil and salt. Mix everything thouroughly.
- Bake for 15 to 20 min.
Ingredients for the Caramel Sauce
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Beat all ingredients and heat in a shallow pan & stir till it boils and become thick.
- Allow it to cool.
Ingredients for the Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Caramel sauce (Prepare as shown above)
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups Powdered sugar
- Whisk butter and sugar well. Then mix in caramel sauce.
- Add cream cheese, vanilla and whisk thoroughly.
- Frost & decorate the cupcakes once they are completely cooled.