Halloween is an annual holiday on October 31st which is celebrated by attending costume parties, watching horror movies, trick or treating, playing pranks etc. All houses will be decorated with scary props, halloween decorations, jack-o -lantern (carved pumpkins) & even the food items prepared will look scary (Scary cakes, cookies, desserts etc). So i thought of making sugar cookies of witch hats & brooms…Enjoy making cookies & have a fun filled Halloween !! BOO !!!!
- 2 cups All-purpose flour (Maida)
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees F.
- Whisk egg, sugar, salt, vanilla essence & butter thoroughly.
- Add flour and mix thoroughly till a dough is formed.
- Roll out the dough and cut different shapes using cookie cutters.
- Arrange the cookies on baking sheets on a tray and bake for 13 to 14 min.
- Take out the cookies & allow it to cool so that it becomes hard.
- Decorate with icing and sprinklers. Icing can be prepared by mixing powdered sugar, few drops of vanilla essence & food colour. You can add little milk for mixing the icing. Hope you'll enjoy !