Upside down cakes are mostly prepared with pineapple/peach/plum/cranberry/pear/apple..etc. It is tasty & lovely in appearance. The more we are careful in arrange the fruits, the more lovely the cake would be. Bake and fall in love with decorating !!
1/2 cup Brown sugar
1/2 cup Granulated sugar
1 cup Flour
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/3 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
4 tbsp plus 3 tbsp Butter
1/2 cup Milk
1 tsp Lime juice
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 cup Orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 inch cake pan with butter. Cut the plums & arrange in the pan. The more carefully & creative you arrange the plums, the end result will be more lovely.
- Sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, salt together & keep aside.
- Take a sauce pan, melt 4 tbsp butter & add brown
sugar. Mix until well combined.
Take off from heat & keep aside for 2 min & then pour evenly in the cake pan & on the arranged plums.
Make a solution of milk & lime juice.
In an electric mixer, beat 3 tbsp butter, granulated sugar & egg. Add the milk & lime juice solution (4) vanilla essence & orange juice into the mixer & mix till smooth.
- Add the sieved dry ingredients little by little & beat.
- Transfer the batter evenly into the cake pan.
- Keep in the middle oven rack for 30 to 35 min.
- When its tested with a tooth pick or any testers & it comes out clean, take out the cake pan & allow it to cool for some time.
- Place a plate which is more than 9 inch on top
of the cake pan & turn it upside down.
Carefully take off the cake pan and the lovely & delicious plum upside down cake is ready !
Submitted this recipe with: